2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | Archived Radio and TV Interviews
- Framing the Foundation for Congregational Strength: A Wholistic Approach to Problem-solving, Cynthia Woolever, The Progressive Christian (formerly Zion’s Herald) (March/April 2007).
- Episcopal Church launches nationwide congregational life survey (March 2006).
- Special Issue of the Journal of Beliefs and Values on the International Congregational Life Survey (Volume 26, Issue 1, 2006).
- Interview with Jackson Carroll on leaders in the U.S. Congregational Life Survey profiled in his new book, God’s Potters: Pastoral Leadership and the Shaping of Congregations (Eerdmans).
- What Churches Need to Know About Ministry with Teenagers, Cynthia Woolever, The Parish Paper (April 2006).
- Becoming a Welcoming Congregation, Deborah Bruce, Clergy Journal (Summer 2006).
- Myths and Facts About Evangelism and Church Growth, Presbyterian Outlook (September 2006).
- Reaching the Next Generation of Presbyterians, Lynette Hawkins, Presbyterian Outlook (September 2006).
- The Changing Nature of Worship, InSites into American Religion (October 2006).
- Why Do Churches Grow? Cynthia Woolever, The Parish Paper (October 2006).
- Knock, Knock: Who's at Your Church Door? in Single Adult Ministries (SAM) Journal, An online magazine by Cook Ministries. (January 2005).
- U.S. Congregational Life Survey results cited in Pentecostal Potential in Post-Christian Times by Earl Creps in Rapport (AGTS publication; Winter 2005).
- Fastest Growing Presbyterian Churches featured in sermon by The Rev. Dr. Stuart Broberg, Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, Pennsylvania (February 13, 2005).
- The U.S. Congregational Life Survey featured in workshop at Presbytery Day, Presbytery of Western New York. (March 12, 2005).
- The inviting congregation in Presbyterians Today (May 2005).
- Beyond the Ordinary and Fastest Growing Presbyterian Churches, featured in “A Wake-Up Call to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)” by Clifton Kirkpatrick, in Perspectives, OGA online publication. (June 2005).
- Small but mighty in Presbyterians Today (July/August 2005).
- Beyond the Ordinary listed under Resources in Leadership & Transformation, newsletter of Faith Communities Today and CCSP (July 2005).
- Defining Congregational Effectiveness, Ann Michel, Leading Ideas, e-newsletter of the Lewis Center for Church Leadership (August 31, 2005).
- Web Review: U.S. Congregations Web Site, in Leading Ideas, e-newsletter of the Lewis Center for Church Leadership (August 31, 2005).
- Churches Encouraged to Focus on Strengths, Lewis Center for Church Leadership update (October 19, 2005).
- Church Life at its Best -- Press Release about the book, Beyond the Ordinary: 10 Strengths of U.S. Congregations , B&B Media Group (January 29, 2004).
- Some will be surprised by findings in newest book based on Congregational Life Survey -- E-newsletter from the Synod of Lakes and Prairies (February 26, 2004).
- Church Health -- Editorial by John Yeats in Baptist Messenger newsletter of the Oklahoma Baptist Convention (February 28, 2004).
- Ordinary to Extraodinary on Crosswalk.com, resources for pastors.
- "Study Examines What Makes for "Strong Congregations" — by Adelle Banks, Religion News Service (March 2004).
- Blurb from A Field Guide to U.S. Congregations featured in Interfaith Energy Newsletter. (Early Spring 2004).
- "Let's Hear it for the Smaller Congregations!" in Lutherans United (May 2004).
- "Low Participation Found in Non-worship Church Social Groups" in the Living Stewardship column of MMA-online, Mennonite Mutual Aid online (May 2004).
- The Resource Connection -- Newsletter of Monmouth Presbytery (May 2004).
- Growing Presbyterian Churches -- Address by Bill Jordan, Executive Presbyter, Monmouth Presbytery (May 25, 2004).
- Small Congregationn Stand Tall -- in Anglican Connections the newsletter of the Episcopal Diocese of Eastern Michigan (June 2004).
- Authors: Regardless of Size, All Churches Have Strengths to Exploit -- Agape Press (June 2, 2004).
- Churches Are Like Snowflakes — report on presentation made at the Presbyterian Publishing Corporation breakfast at the 216th General Assembly (Richmond, June 29, 2004).
- For many Americans, autumn is a time for trying new churches -- Christian Science Monitor (September 21, 2004).
- Church growth: Nine myths, no magic bullets — Presbyterian Outlook (September 25, 2004).
- Also appeared in: The Epistle, newsletter of the Presbytery of Northern New England. (March 2005).
- Ready, set, grow! -- Article in Presbyterians Today (October 2004).
- Why churches grow -- article in the Go Figure column of Presbyterians Today (October 2004).
- Beyond the Ordinary reviewed by Carol Lytch in Christian Century (November 30, 2004).
- Beyond the Ordinary featured in The News of San Fernando Presbytery (article by Jerry North, Executive Presbyter, November 2004).
- Growing Presbyterian Churches--by William H. Jordan Executive Presbyter, Monmouth Presbytery newsletter (October 28, 2004).
- Synod Hears Report From G.A. Council That U.S. Churches Are Stronger Than Believed -- The News a newsletter of the San Fernando Presbytery (November 2004).
- Doubt About Doubts-article citing US CLS research by Neal Krause (published in Sociology of Religion ) in Centurymarks column of Christian Century (December 14, 2004).
- Praying for More Men: What will Bring them Back to Church? by Henry G. Brinton. The Washington Post (December 19, 2004).
- Also cited in the Courier-Journal , Louisville, Kentucky (December 25, 2004).
- Good Churches — in Centurymarks column of Christian Century (May 18, 2004).
- Want to Know What is Going on in Your Pews? — in InSites into American Religion (May 2004).
- Mentioned by Clifton Kirkpatrick, Stated Clerk of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), in his editorial Hear What the Spirit Says to the Churches: Reflections on the 2003 Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Statistics, first published in Christian Century (June 2004).
- On the U.S. Congregational Life Survey — Cynthia Woolever interviewed by Terry Schier published on Resources for American Christianity Web site (July 2, 2004).
- Ready, set, grow! — Article in Presbyterians Today (October 2004).
- Why churches grow — article in the Go Figure column of Presbyterians Today (October 2004).
- Join the Church? Well, article including discussion of US CLS research by Jack Marcum presented at SSSR 2004 by John Dart in Christian Century (November 30, 2004).
- Dollars and Cents — article in the Go Figure columun in Presbyterians Today (January 2003).
- A Jolt of Religion — The Buffalo News (January 25, 2003).
- Multiple strengths make successful congregations, says survey by Leslie Scanlon — article in Presbyterian Outlook (May 13, 2003).
- Survey of Congregations looks at Factors for Success, by Leslie Scanlon — Religion News Service (May 31, 2003). Also appeared in Washington Post (May 31, 2003).
- Also appeared in the Charlotte Observer (May 31, 2003).
- Also appeared in the ContraCosta Times (May 31, 2003).
- Also appeared in the Online Standard, newsmagazine of Texas Baptists (June 6, 2003). Modified story appeared in Beliefnet.com.
- Survey Finds Strengths in Small Churches — Ken Garfield, Knight Ridder Newspapers.
- Appeared in Charlotte Observer (June 7, 2003).
- Appeared in Grand Forks Herald (June 14, 2003).
- "How are we alike and different?" in Just in Time: Trends and Information for All Unity Leaders (July 1, 2003).
- "Single Women — A Challenge to the Church?" in Strategic Adult Ministries, online journal of Cook Ministries (September 2003).
- Congregational Vitality Tied to 10 Strengths — LCMS Insights, A Quarterly Review of Religious Research (Vol. 2 No. 1, November 2003).
- Are We Accurately Sizing Up Congregations? — Zion's Herald (2003, Vol. 177, Issue 6, November/December 2003).
- Heating and Healthcare strain small churches — Christian Science Monitor (December 1, 2003).
- Highlights of Keynote Address about the U.S. Congregational Life Survey at the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Churchwide Redevelopment Conference (January 2002).
- Massive Survey Looks at Religious Life at Local Church Level — Religion News Services (May 15, 2002).
- Also appeared in Presbyterian Outlook (July 1, 2002).
- Also appeared on the United Church of Christ, United Church News, News Briefs Web site (May 17, 2002).
- Also appeared in Contra Costa Times — June 28, 2002.
- Also appeared in ChristianGlobe.com
- Summary of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Churchwide Redevelopment Conference — Where we presented preliminary findings of the project (January 2002).
- Churchgoers Move About — article in the January/February 2002 newsletter of the PC(USA) Synod of Mid-America.
- Religion: Searching for Best Fit — Atlanta Journal Constitution (January 21, 2002).
- Even with no question on religion, U.S. census helps churches plan (Backgrounder) — Catholic News Service (January 18, 2002).
- Church Shoppers: Many Newcomers in the Pews — appeared in Christian Century (January 30, 2002).
- Doesn't Anybody Stay in One Place Anymore? — Charlotte Observer (March 4, 2002).
- Leader Survey — Findings from leaders who participated in the U.S. Congregational Life Survey (Adobe Acrobat file). The Leader Survey was conducted by Jackson Carroll (Divinity School, Duke University) as part of the Pulpit and Pew project.
- Survey Explodes Myths about Churchgoers — Durham Herald-Sun (April 19, 2002).
- Women Outnumber Men at Churches Across the Board, Study Finds — The Greenville News (April 21, 2001).
- Go Figure — Christianity Today (April 22, 2002).
- Distance Not Factor for Some — The Oklahoman (April 27, 2002).
- Survey Offers New Details on United Methodist Congregations — News release from the United Methodist News Service (May 2, 2002).
- Small Churches in America Face Many Challenges — Charisma Online News Services (May 8, 2002).
- Results of the U.S. Congregational Life's (sic) Survey - Message of the day, HughHewitt.com (May 8, 2002).
- Religious Survey Results — Article on FaithSite.com (May 8, 2002).
- Closer Look — Interview on K-LOVE radio (May 13, 2002). (Under "Past Editions of Closer Look," go to "American Congregations Survey.")
- Study Finds Churches Face Many Challenges — Maranatha Christian Journal (May 13, 2002).
- The State of Grace: Small Churches Face Challenges — The Washington Times (May 8, 2002).
- Congregational Survey Profiles U.S. Worshipers — Episcopal News Service, News Briefs (May 14, 2002).
- Survey Offers Insight into New Members — ChurchCentral.com web site (May 16, 2002).
- Who's New in Your Pew? — Article in the Go Figure column Presbyterians Today magazine (June 2002).
- Survey Says: Presbyterians are Busy Worshipers — Preliminary results for worshipers in Presbyterian congregations — Presbyterian News Service (June 15, 2002).
- Take a Snapshot of Your Worshipers — Presbyterian News Service (June 15, 2002).
- Church Market: Investing in Congregations, book review by Don Luidens — in Christian Century (July 31, 2002).
- "Building Blocks of Congregational Strength" — in ReDeveloping News, publication of the PC(USA) Office of Transformation (Summer 2002).
- Just Who Are Those People in the Next Pew? — United Methodist New Service (August 13, 2002)
- "The Voice of American's Worshipers" — in Ohio Christian News, publication of the Ohio Council of Churches (November 2002).
- "Ordinary People, Strong Congregations" — in Congregations, publication of Alban Institute (December 2002).
- The Presbyterian News Service covered the U.S. Congregational Life Survey: 3,000 U.S. congregations to be surveyed April 29 -- April 10, 2001. The Presbyterian News Service release also appeared:
- Who Speaks for You? first appeared in Monday Morning magazine.
- Census of 2 Million Christians in Four Countries to Provide Snapshot of Faith -- Christianity Today (May 14, 2001).
- Duke surveying clergy on pastoral leadership— United Methodist News Service press release describing the survey of congregational leaders conducted by Duke as part of the U.S. Congregational Life Survey (May 23, 2001).
Archived Radio and TV Interviews with the Authors
Thursday, February 5, 2004
Interview with Cynthia Woolever on Northland Notebook with host Ted Elm on WWJC.com, Duluth, MN. Listen in: WWJC.com interview with Cynthia Woolever .
Friday, February 6, 2004
Interview with Cynthia Woolever on Prime Time America with host Greg Wheatley through the Moody Broadcasting Network, WMBI-FM - 90.1 MHz, Chicago, IL. Listen in: Prime Time America interview with Cynthia Woolever .
Week of February 23, 2004
Interview with both authors, Cynthia Woolever and Deborah Bruce, on First Edition with host Chris Fabrey, broadcast on 176 stations across the country. Listen in: First Edition, interview with Cynthia Woolever and Deborah Bruce .
Week of April 12, 2004
Interview with Cynthia Woolever on The John Young Show, WNIV radio, Atlanta, GA
Tuesday, June 22, 2004
Interview with Deborah Bruce on The Harvest Show, Kelly Morgan, Lesea Broadcasting, South Bend, IN. Watch the interview.